Who we are:
Spaulding Support Services is a private non-profit agency that serves individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. The agency is governed by voluntary board of directors, which is comprised of community members and family members of the people we serve. Spaulding Support Services’ employees are committed to supporting the individuals we serve.
Spaulding Support Services provides services through OPWDD and is a member of the NYSACRA and NYCON.
Serving the community in Onondaga County, New York for 30 years
Our journey began in 1982 when a group of parents whose children aged out of the school district, struggled to gain normalcy and continue in the next logical transition of their lives in securing a home of their own. Though the agency has grown over the years, from operating one group home serving the children of these founding families, our basic philosophies have remained the same of assisting each individual to realize and develop to his/her fullest potential.
The agency has expanded over the past 29 years and now provides the following services:
- Proud of our more than 350 years of combined experience
- Residential support to 38 individuals in 12 homes.
- Planned Respite Services at our Guest House and Crystal House centers serving 77 adults and children currently living at home.
- In home assistance to 22 individuals living on their own.
- Monthly funding support to 20 individuals by providing adequate resources to live independently in their own apartment.
- Medicaid Service Coordination to 100+ individuals/familie